Calling all artists young & old! Main Street Greencastle is looking for all visual artists, designers, illustrators, and DIY enthusiasts to complete a Flower Box to help celebrate the arrival of Spring and liven up the Downtown windows.
All ages welcome!
Submission Deadline: May 5th, 2014
This is a juried exhibit with competition.
Prizes will be awarded.
1st place: $100
2nd place: $50
3rd place: $25
Up to three (3) entries per person.
If you do not want to be entered in the competition, there is no fee. This is an up-cycle/
recycle/re-purpose design initiative and competition to welcome Spring to the storefronts in the heart of downtown Greencastle. Selected up-cycled cardboard boxes will be displayed in various windows of downtown storefronts beginning May 11, 2014 until May 18, 2014.
How to Enter:
Step 1: Complete the Entry Form and Artist Release.
You may download the registration form here: Storefront Decorating Contest
Or, copy and paste the registration form to complete it. Once it's finished, you have three ways to register:
E-mail forms to Rita Schendel, email@example.com, mail your form to Rita at 5092 W County Road 175 N, Greencastle, Indiana 46135, or include when box entry is dropped off or mailed.
Please include your entry fee of $5.00 for submissions to be entered into the judging; deadline is May 5, 2014.
Step 2: Design and create on a cardboard box that responds to the theme “Flower Box” competition and adheres to the guidelines.
Step 3: Complete check off list:
1) Box painted on all sides, but only one side will be judged
2) Artwork sealed
3) On bottom of box, affix paper. With paint, or permanent marker, include the
c. Phone number
d. Email information
e. Title and/or type of flower
Step 4: Drop off or mail box to:
The Putnam County Partnership Center
Attn: Flower Box Exhibit
2 S Jackson St.
Greencastle, Indiana 46135
Flower Box Entry Form:
Deadline: May 5, 2014
Competition: ______yes ______no
Artist Release Form
I__________________________________hereby represent that I am the exclusive owner of the design of the Flower Box and I grant Main Street, Greencastle the right to use the image in whatever way he/she might feel suitable for the purposes of publication and broadcast. I waive all rights over the image and understand that it might be cropped, altered or modified for the said purpose. I give permission for use, re-use, publish or re-
publish, in whole or in part, in any medium for commercial, promotional or trade purposes.
Flower Box Guidelines:
1) Entry fee of $5.00 or 3 entries/$10.00 for submissions to be entered into the judging competition. You may submit a maximum of three entries. If you do not want to be entered in the competition, there is no entry fee.
2) This is an up-cycle, recycle, re-purpose project that all artwork is on cardboard boxes. The box must be able to stand by itself on one of it’s sides. If the box used has a lid, it must be secure. For example, if a shoe box is used, the lid must be glued on so that it cannot separate from the box.
3) The theme is “Flower Box” and entries will be judged on the creativity of the theme.
4) Artists can glue on paper or cutouts on the cardboard box; with a maximum of 1/2 inch from the base of the cardboard. For example: watercolor artists can glue on watercolor paper, photographers can glue on photos, or mixed media artists could do cutouts. Just a reminder, cardboard is like any other paint support. It needs to be primed, painted,
and then sealed.
5) The box is to be painted and sealed on all sides, but only one side will be judged. To make this easier for the judges and the display team, please only have artwork on one side of the box.
6) The smallest side of the box needs to be at least 5 inches. There is not a maximum size requirement except the box must be easily transported by the display team and fit through a doorway.
7) This is an all age, all skill level exhibition.